moderated Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

I use my IPhone with Voice dream Scanner for quick scans of mail or to quickly find out what an item on my desk is. It is remarkably accurate . But for important items I do use a flat bed scanner.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Goldfield" <david.goldfield@outlook.com>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 4:58 PM
Subject: Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

Honestly, my opinion is that scanning material with a flatbed scanner is always going to be a bit easier than using a phone unless you have a stand that can position your phone in a stationary location. Even then starting a scanner from a PC keyboard and using that keyboard to quickly save a document or copy and paste that scanned text into another document is, at least for me, a much faster and more efficient experience. There may be others who feel differently about this and I'd be interested in hearing their perspective.

On 6/11/2020 4:26 PM, David Csercsics wrote:
While we're on this topic, how does things like OpenBook compare to scanning apps for the phone, or things like envision AI?