moderated Re: Podcast, New Feature

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) <steven.hicks@...>

Well after a long search, I found what I think is the registry settings but it is very complicated and involves hex values.

If you don’t use hex values, it won’t work and I have an example to set it from the default of 3 seconds to 60 but I wanted something less, I wanted something like 2 minutes so I guess I am going to have to find the hex for 120 which is the setting for 120 second = two minutes and test that otherwise I think it will drain the battery big time.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Homuth
Sent: 11 June 2020 14:41
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Podcast, New Feature

That’s very common especially with Dell laptops, but basically anything with a Realtek driver. My solution was a registry tweak. Not sure if it will survive a driver update, but I haven’t had the problem since I changed the required entries, so I’m good.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shan Noyes
Sent: June 11, 2020 9:32 AM
Subject: Re: Podcast, New Feature

Yes, what is happening is to save power some sound card drivers are putting the card into a sleep or shutdown mode and so when Jaws goes to send info to the sound card it has to wake up.  This isn’t happening to everyone.  The solution was a small program was written that continually sends something to the card to keep it active. And that way it didn’t have to wake up.

In the June release of Jaws they are going to build this feature of keeping the card awake as an option that a person can turn on if they are experiencing the issue.

Have a good day.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 6:09 AM
Subject: Podcast, New Feature

-------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING, this email originated from outside of SaskTel.
Do not click links or open attachments unless you trust the sender and believe the contents are safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has listened to the latest podcast but there was an option mentioned for some laptops that cut off the first part of speech with bluetooth headphones, did anyone listen to this?

Steven Hicks.

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader.

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@....

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

NOTICE: This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify the sender.

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.