moderated Re: Scanning with Open book versus JAWS

Alan Robbins

Alison,

Here are some suggestions I saved from list member, Mike B:

How to scan files using a scanning device with the Jaws OCR feature.  Steps are below.  This will only work with JAWS2018 and newer.

1. Place whatever you want scanned with the OCR feature on your scanner.

2. Press the JAWS Key + Spacebar, then, O, for OCR, and press, A , for acquire.

3. Choose the scanner from the, Scanner & Camera combo box pop-up, tab to the, Acquire button, press the spacebar, and the scanner will scan the file using
the Jaws OCR feature.  It will then read it to you.  This is GREAT!
Note:  The shortcut keystroke to acquire is, Alt + Q.

To save the file you can export it to Excel or, after scanning select all the text with, Control + A, press, Control + C, to copy to the clipboard, then
paste the text, Control + V, into a text or Word
file and save.

Best,

Al