moderated Re: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

kevin meyers

Is it possible to have capitalized letters be spoken with a different pitch  when I just arrow through the document in Word? I did add to the pitch for all voices and it will speake with a higher pitch if I read the line with the jaws key and up arrow.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Chen
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 11:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

Awesome. This works. Thanks Mike.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Richard,

Try the following to see if this setting change will help you with what you're trying to do:

1. While in Word press, Insert + 6, on the number row to open, Word Settings Center.

2. Down arrow to, Say all closed, and right arrow to open.

3. Down arrow to, Indicate Caps during Say All not checked, and press the spacebar to check this option.
note:  this option explained;  Select this check box to have JAWS announce capitalization when reading with Say All. JAWS announces "cap" for single capital letters, and "all cap" for capitalized words. This check box is cleared by default.

4. Tab to, Apply , press the spacebar, now tab to, Okay , and press enter to save / close.

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:56 PM

Subject: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

Hello,

I’m using MS Word, and I am trying to figure out if the Jaws sound schemes can be customized so that an entire word with the initial letter capitalized can be identified by pitch change or other sound? I know that the sound schemes can help you identify the first letter when a word is capitalized but when I’m proofreading documents as an attorney using “say all” I need to be able to identify if words in a sentence are capitalized more efficiently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you