moderated Re: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

CJ &AA MAY

Many thanks. Although your guidance quoted Eloquence, it works with Daniel, which is my chosen profile.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CJ &AA MAY via groups.io
Sent: 11 June 2020 12:46
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

Is there a way of increasingly the degree of pitch change when Jaws is indicating a capital letter, as sometimes it isn’t very clear, and although your suggestion, Mike, would overcome this, I’d rather be notified by pitch change than the programme forever saying “cap”.

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: 11 June 2020 05:38
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

Hi Richard,

Try the following to see if this setting change will help you with what you're trying to do:

1. While in Word press, Insert + 6, on the number row to open, Word Settings Center.

2. Down arrow to, Say all closed, and right arrow to open.

3. Down arrow to, Indicate Caps during Say All not checked, and press the spacebar to check this option.
note:  this option explained;  Select this check box to have JAWS announce capitalization when reading with Say All. JAWS announces "cap" for single capital letters, and "all cap" for capitalized words. This check box is cleared by default.

4. Tab to, Apply , press the spacebar, now tab to, Okay , and press enter to save / close.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 8:56 PM

Subject: Identifying Capitalized Words in MS Word

Hello,

I’m using MS Word, and I am trying to figure out if the Jaws sound schemes can be customized so that an entire word with the initial letter capitalized can be identified by pitch change or other sound? I know that the sound schemes can help you identify the first letter when a word is capitalized but when I’m proofreading documents as an attorney using “say all” I need to be able to identify if words in a sentence are capitalized more efficiently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.