moderated Re: Accesible Twitter Applications

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 01:50 PM 6/4/2020, Michael Munn wrote:
This is why I asked the group members for an alternative of using the
MainStream Twitter Application. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster and
using the main Twitter is going to be a compromise for me because the time
is limited and I want to go through as many tweets as possible during the
time that I'm broadcasting. This is in possible if I'm using the Mainstream
Twitter because the Main sight is very problematic. There are many hoops to
jump through unorder to view each Tweet. I will be learning the structure
of the Main Twitter when I'm not on the air. Using an Alternative is just a
temporary solution for me.
Having wrestled with Twitter's web version, the Microsoft Store app and a few third-party clients, all to immense frustration, I can assure you that TWBlue is the most accessible, streamlined and efficient solution we have. You can read tweets very quickly, either in your home buffer, timelines, searches or lists.
The only drawback is that you cannot sort the order in which tweets appear; TWBlue displays them strictly chronologically. Some buffers, such as Home, are unlimited in size, while others, such as Following, Friends and timelines, are limited to 200 tweets counting backwards from the latest. If you want to see older tweets, you must use the hotkey alt+windows+page-up to load previous items into the buffer.
Ideally, we could increase this 200-tweet limit. But even if you manually edit TWBlue's configuration file for your Twitter account, increasing the API buffer size beyond 200, it defaults back down to 200 anyway. So, the only solution is to manually load previous tweets into the buffer once you reach the top of your list.
Here's a practical example. Say you are reading someone's timeline and find that at the top of your list is a tweet from a day ago. This means they are quite prolific, since they've tweeted 200 times in a day. When you followed this person, TWBlue reported that they first joined Twitter 10 years ago. So, it's safe to say that if you want to see what they've tweeted a week or month ago, you'll have to retrieve more tweets using that hotkey. These newly-retrieved tweets will be added to the top of your buffer list, since they're older than the originally-retrieved 200.
Hopefully, that example clarifies the process.

Orlando Enrique Fiol