From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 7:01 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: amazon

I have noticed that both Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox frequently crash when accessing Amazon.com using JAWS 2019.  This most often happens after I enter a search term into the Amazon search field.  The search results page will begin to load, but as soon as I try scrolling through the results, boom, the browser crashes.  Trying to restore the session from the restore dialog that pops up when I relaunch the browser never works, and almost always causes the browser to crash again when it attempts to reload the Amazon search results page.  It does not matter whether I use the latest version of Chrome, the latest version of Firefox or Firefox 52 ESR.  Interestingly,I do not experience these problems when using IE to access Amazon.com, proving yet again that reports of IE's uselessness as a web browser have been greatly exagerrated.

Gerald

On 6/2/2020 11:05 PM, Judy wrote:
I have used I.E as well as well as Google Chrome. I find the easiest
thing to do is press the letter F and it will find the edit field and
type in what I'm looking for and then scroll down through the list of
items, press enter for the one you want to check out and when you find
what you want press enter on the "add to cart button." It was
frustrating at first getting used to the layout of the page. I hope this helped, but write back if it didn't.
Judy & Libby

From: Judy [mailto:bunchkinbear@sbcglobal.net]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 6:43 PM
Subject: amazon
Hi, what browser are you trying to use? My experience is that it does
differ on how easy it is depending on the browser. Judy