moderated Re: RSS Reader

David Griffith

I am coming late to this thread but for me personally I have used the free Webbie based Accessible RSS Reader for years available from I think from memory the Accessible Suite of applications at www.webbie.org.uk.

It has none of the bells and whistles of some modern RSS Readers regarding device synching but I still love its simplicity and ease of use with Jaws and NVDA.

Auto refresh of Feeds was also turned off years ago to increase its stability but this is also not a problem as manual refresh is built into loading the feed articles. S .

The application has 2 columns.

You cursor down your list of RSS Feeds in one column.

Press control R on any Feed and this will, as well as quickly refreshing the feed instantly jump you into the list of available articles from that feed in the adjacent column.

Cursor down and on each article you will hear an automatic preview of the first few lines of each article which will indicate whether you want to hear the whole article.

Press enter to load the web page referred to in that feed in your browser for the full article.

Close the web page to return to the RSS Reader.

Press escape in RSS Reader to return from the Article list to the main RSS Feed list.

Then you simply start over.

Cursor down to your next feed or use first letter navigation to find the feed you want.

On your next feed press Control R to Refresh and again jump into the next article list revealed and start anew in article reading.

Very simple to use and I would be lost without it.

David Griffith

.