From: Mike B
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2020 11:44 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws And Open Book

Hi Pastor Gil,

Here's another option to use for scanning files.  I more often than not get better scans scanning this way.

How to scan files using a scanning device with the Jaws OCR feature.  Steps are below.  This will only work with JAWS2018 and newer.

1. Place whatever you want scanned with the OCR feature on your scanner.

2. Press the JAWS Key + Spacebar, then, O, for OCR, and press, A , for acquire.

3. Choose the scanner from the, Scanner & Camera combobox pop-up, tab to the, Acquire button, press the spacebar, and the scanner will scan the file using
the Jaws OCR feature.  It will then read it to you.  This is GREAT!
Note:  The shortcut keystroke to acquire is, Alt + Q.

To save the file you can export it to Excel or, after scanning select all the text with, Control + A, press, Control + C, to copy to the clipboard, then
paste the text, Control + V, into a text or Word
file and save.

Sent: Monday, June 01, 2020 4:27 PM
Subject: Jaws And Open Book

I bought my Openbook program and really like it.

Pastor Gil