moderated Re: Malware Program

Mike B

Hi Pastor,

Don't take what I said for gospel, so to speak, since there are more than 1 way to skin the proverbial cat.  I won't say a program is accessible if it takes too much keyboard gymnastics to navigate it.  If you land on a, Button, it should be able to be activated with the spacebar or pressing enter, but if you have to left mouse click this or right mouse click that, then jump to a touch cursor just to do simple tasks the program needs accessibility work.  Glenn said in another message that he was able to activate the scan button, but I was able to do that as well and came up with choices that I didn't have a clue as to what they were.  Jaws or NVDA didn't give me any kind of dialogues that might have popped up when attempting to activate buttons / tabs.  Maybe this program is accessible using different standards than I use, but I'm not going to waste a lot of my time trying to figure it out when there other programs to use.  I spent almost 2 years working with Malwarebytes and everytime a version MWB update came along we started all over again, but now it seems like MWB just don't give a damn any more, so I got tired of fighting.

Sent: Monday, June 01, 2020 7:35 PM
Subject: Re: Malware Program

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the report.

Pastor Gil

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 7:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I just gave Zemana a test drive, and what started out to be a promising program, isn't!  I tried accessing Zemana with Jaws versions 16 thru 2020 and NVDA latest with absolutely no success.  You can arrow / tab to various tabs, but getting them to open to see what's there ain't happenin.  I also tried navigating using the touch cursor with the same amount of no success, maybe even less!  This program seem to be promising, but unless I've totally went into a Zemana brainfart I don't think even I can't navigate programs that badly.  If anyone gives it a try, and has success, please report back.