moderated Re: I need the key strokes for win amp please.

Tom Behler

Jim:

Here’s what I have.

I hope it helps.

Tom Behler

Winamp Command List

Play song, make sure main window is active by pressing alt+w twice v Stop song

shift+v

Stop song with fadeout

Pause and unpause song

b/x

Jump to next or previous song

Jump to file

shift+l

Open directory to play from

Open file, use tab, shift+tab and arrow keys to navigate

ctrl+l

Open URL to play from

Toggle repeat (note changed icon)

Toggle shuffle (note changed icon)

arrow left/arrow right

Rewind or fast forward 5 seconds

arrow up/ arrow down

Turn volume up or down

ctrl+t

Show remaining time elapsed or left for current song

ctrl+j

Jump to time in current song

shift+l

Stop after song finished (would be nice if you could see that somewhere)

alt+3

Tag editor

j or , on numeric keypad

Open jump-to-file Box

? up

minus

2. Manage Winamp Window(s)

alt+w

Toggle main wwindow

alt+l

Show or hide media library window

alt+v

Show or hide video window

alt+x

Show or hide browser window

alt+g

Show or hide graphic equalizer window

alt+c

Show or hide skin setting menu

ctrl+shift+k

Show or hide Visualization window

ctrl+tab

Cycle through different windows (seems to be worthless), use alt+w twice to get to main player window, alt+l to get to media library etc.

ctrl+w

Toggle winshade mode (minimize)

ctrl+a

Toggle always on top

ctrl+alt+n

Open new winamp window

? up

alt+f

Open file menu

alt+p

Open play menu

alt+o

Open options menu

alt+i

Open view menu menu

ctrl+p

Open preference menu, press esc to leave

alt+s

Open Skin selection menu in preferences

alt+k

Configure Current Visualization Plug-In

ctrl+shift+k

Start/Stop current Visualization Plug-In

ctrl+k

Open Visualization Tab of Preferences

f1

Open "about winamp" window

? up

ctrl+n

New (clear) playlist

ctrl+o

Open (load) playlist

ctrl+s

Save playlist

alt+3

View or edit track info

ctrl+e

Edit selected track filename

ctrl+a

Select all

ctrl+i

Invert selection

delete

Remove selected files from playlist

ctrl+delete

Crop playlist

alt+down arrow/alt+up arrow

Move selected files down or up

down arrow/up arrow

Move cursor down or up

enter

Play Selected file

end/homehome

Jump to end or start of list

alt+delete

Remove dead (non-existent) files

ctrl+shift+1

Sort playlist by title

ctrl+shift+2

Sort playlist by file name

ctrl+shift+3

Sort playlist by file path and name

ctrl+r

Reverse playlist

ctrl+shift+r

Randomize playlist

? up

1 to 0

Increase EQ bands

q to p

Decrease EQ bands

`

Increase EQ preamp

tab

Decrease EQ preamp

Open presets menu

ctrl+s

Load preset

Toggle EQ auto-loading

ctrl+f4

Close (hide) graphical equalizer

? up

Additional commands and notes from Ron Canazzi:

With Winamp, showing all the various windows is a toggle with the following hot keys.

alt + W main window

alt + E playlist editor

alt + L media library

alt + G equalizer

cue manager alt + Q

video manager alt + V

if you want to close any of these that are open, press the corresponding key.  If you are stuck in the equalizer, to close it press alt+ G.

In addition, Winamp works like a standard windows program and is operable by using control + F4 to close a window.  If for some reason, some of these hot keys don't work, focus in the window you want to close and press control + F4--not alt + F4--which will close the whole program.