moderated Re: Problem with word2016 with Jaws 2020 the latest update

Mike B

Hi Artur,

I'll send this to the person having the problem.  Thank you very much for your input.

Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 7:46 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with word2016 with Jaws 2020 the latest update

Hi,

Try with Microsoft Word shortcut key

CTRL+8 (show/hide all hidden symbols)

JAWS can read these marks and show on braille display. NVDA can not as far as I know.

It is quite easy to switch this option accidentally on when you wish to write ( (shft+8) and press ctrl instead of shift.

HTH

Artur

From: Moty Azrad

When I type anything in my word2016 and save the file.

When I open it with Jaws2020 the latest update, I can read the text but after each word I get the placemarkers speech and I see the placemarkers sign in my Braille display too.

When I close Jaws and start NVDA, AND OPEN THE SAME FILE, I don’t have any problem.

So my understanding is that the problem is only within Jaws.

Any solution or help, please.

Moti Azrad

Musician and Piano-Tuner

motiaz@...