moderated Re: Hp 4630 printer

Andrew J. LaPointe

Thank you so much for these instructions.  I the past, everyone would just do it and now, I am stuck asking.  I am sure I will be able to do it, just need to get in the right direction.  Thank you greatly appreciate this.  Andy and Shubert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:48 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Hp 4630 printer

Windows 10 will likely already have suitable drivers for that particular HP Model.  If you want the entire suite of software, including drivers, for your printer then HP is excellent about keeping same available for downloading from support.hp.com.  Just go through the steps to navigate to your specific printer model number and they'll be there.  The latest version may only be for Windows 8.1, and if that's the case, that's the one to fetch.

As far as WiFi setup, the printer itself is already setup.  All you need to do is go to Control Panel, Devices and Printers and open that item.  Activate the Add a printer link, then step through the process for adding a network printer.  It should find yours provided the computer and the printer are on the same WiFi network, and I am presuming that's the case.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss