moderated Re: Braille displays that work well with JAWS2020

Richard Turner

 When I tested the QBraille  about a year ago using USB, with JAWS, it worked fine.
If you have not handled one, the only QWERTY keys are the function keys, 1 through 12, and arrow keys, shift, control, alt, and Windows, as I recall.

So, you are mostly using braille commands.
I've not handled the El Braille, but it is basically a Focus 40 5th Generation docked with a Windows machine, so as I understand it, you are again using braille commands, or does it have a full QWERTY keyboard?

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020
www.turner42.com

On May 27, 2020, at 9:04 PM, Shai <shaiwol@...> wrote:

Hello,
I am looking at the q-braille from Hims or the el-braille and I wanted
to get peoples' thoughts on which one is most efficient? I like the
idea of having a qwerty keyboard and perkins style keyboard on the
device but I also am thinking of a windows portable machine.
How well does the q-braille work with JAWS? I did read the access
world review and it sound like there were issues between the qwerty
keyboard and braille display.
Thank you in advance for any responses.