moderated Re: How To Access Bookmarks In Google Chrome

David Moore

You are great, Orlando! God bless!
David Moore

On Wed, May 27, 2020, 3:44 AM Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io <ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
At 04:23 PM 5/26/2020, Marty Hutchings wrote:
 >I really miss the Favorites folder that was associated with IE.  I
 >would love to be able to save bookmarks from Firefox and Google to the
 >Favorites folder and search by first letter and have them open up in
 >whatever our default browser is instead of each browser having its
 >own list of bookmarks.  I have saved bookmarks in Firefox and in
 >Chrome, but I then forget which one and can't find them again when I
 >want them.

You can still do this. There is still a Favorites folder in your user
profile that you can navigate by first-letter and have any item
opened by your default browser. You could make a shortcut to this
folder for convenience. But with Chrome and Chromium Edge, you can
just press control+L and begin typing the first few letters of the
bookmark you want. If it's there, your search will return results
right from your bookmarks and history. With Chromium browsers, you
can also synch all your bookmarks, history, extensions, passwords,
etc., on all your devices. When I add a bookmark to Chrome on my
desktop, it appears on my laptop and Android phone.

Orlando