From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: on the web

On the web, be sure you are in HTML view, not standard view.  Then press ‘x’ for checkbox.  There is a checkbox associated with each email.

If you have another email client, forward your Gmail to it.  I read my Gmail with Outlook 2010 and 2016.  It’s a bit tricky to set up, but lots easier than using native Gmail, in my opinion.