moderated Re: How To Access Bookmarks In Google Chrome

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 04:23 PM 5/26/2020, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I really miss the Favorites folder that was associated with IE. I
would love to be able to save bookmarks from Firefox and Google to the
Favorites folder and search by first letter and have them open up in
whatever our default browser is instead of each browser having its
own list of bookmarks. I have saved bookmarks in Firefox and in
Chrome, but I then forget which one and can't find them again when I
want them.
You can still do this. There is still a Favorites folder in your user profile that you can navigate by first-letter and have any item opened by your default browser. You could make a shortcut to this folder for convenience. But with Chrome and Chromium Edge, you can just press control+L and begin typing the first few letters of the bookmark you want. If it's there, your search will return results right from your bookmarks and history. With Chromium browsers, you can also synch all your bookmarks, history, extensions, passwords, etc., on all your devices. When I add a bookmark to Chrome on my desktop, it appears on my laptop and Android phone.

Orlando