moderated Re: How To Access Bookmarks In Google Chrome

Marie

You can use copy and paste in the new Edge, because I do it all the time. However, I have only been able to do one at a time. Is there a way to copy and paste more than one?
Marie

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:54 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: How To Access Bookmarks In Google Chrome

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 10:50 AM, Gerald Levy wrote:
It's too bad there seems to be no easy way to merge the list of favorites imported from IE with the list of bookmarks created in Chrome itself to create a single list that could be navigated by first letter navigation.
If you are able to copy and paste in Windows Explorer, then you already know the basic process that is used in Bookmarks Manager to do exactly what you're seeking.

The one really weird thing I've found is that you cannot Paste into a folder when you have focus on it, nor can you paste in to an empty folder.  You must have focus on an existing bookmark in order for paste to show up after a cut or copy.  So, if you do want to move things into folders via cut/copy, and paste, you not only have to create the folder, but then create a single "junk bookmark" you can gain focus on before trying to paste, then deleting it afterward.  This seems to be the case in all Chromium-based web browsers (though I didn't try new Edge - and since MS has kept the Favorites idiom they may also have slightly different behavior - I don't know).

       ~ Lawrence Krauss