moderated Re: Need To Set Winamp To Be Default Player For Audio And Video Files

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

As is often the case, there is more than one way to do this. In Windows 10, if you can find an audio file on your system in File Explorer, press Alt+Enter while focused on it. This brings up its properties. You will probably land on a check box for Read Only. Shift+Tab to the Change button and press space to activate it. This lets you change the default program to launch the file type. If Winamp is installed, arrow through the list and focus on Windmp, then press enter.  Now, it’s the default program.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew Summers via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2020 6:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Need To Set Winamp To Be Default Player For Audio And Video Files

Hi Tom,

If it is windows 10, go to settings.

Then go to apps and default apps.

You will find it there.

HTH.

Andrew

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: 25 May 2020 08:15
To: jfw list <jfw@groups.io>

Hello, everyone.

I’m having trouble setting Winamp to be my default player for audio and video files on my Windows 10 laptop.

I have several sets of instructions here, but they seem to be outdated, since I can’t get them to work.

I’m using the latest build of Jaws 2020.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Tom Behler