moderated Re: Need To Set Winamp To Be Default Player For Audio And Video Files

Jacob

I think it's related to compatibility isues in Windows 10. We're many who use and like Winamp but it really needs an update to work better with win 10. Unfortanely we can't be sure that this update will ever come. Here I found out that Winamp works better if always run it as Administrator. You can set that on the shortcut. YOu can also chose to install in C:\Wianamp insted of C:\Prgam files (X86)@Winamp. Winamp needs access to some files that is denied if it's running in normal mode when it's placed in the Program Files (X86) folder. Unfortunately if you run Winamp as an Admistartor you'll always be prompted by the User Account Control when you start it. I don't use UAC so here it's no problem. I also read that some people need to associate the file types manually to Winamp to make it work but here it haven't been necessary to do so.

OZ0TE Jacob

On 2020-05-25 at 09:15 Tom Behler wrote:

Hello, everyone.

I’m having trouble setting Winamp to be my default player for audio and video files on my Windows 10 laptop.

I have several sets of instructions here, but they seem to be outdated, since I can’t get them to work.

I’m using the latest build of Jaws 2020.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Tom Behler