moderated Re: what is support assist, and how do you make it work/?

Chris Hill

It is hit or miss.  You might try with the touch cursor and see if that works better.

It downloads and installs system updates for things like bios, and drivers.  It can also run system tests, which aren't important unless you are having a problem, then I wonder if you would ever get far enough for it to be able to run anyway.  All else fails, get a sighted person to run it at least once on a new machine.

On 5/20/2020 12:52, Jim Rawls wrote:

Hi all,

On my new dell computer, I have something called support assist. It keeps saying that it has important updates for me etc. when I go to the app I can't get it to do anything. So what do I do to make it function? I am running windows ten, jaws 2020 and the computer is a dell 3500