moderated Re: Is Python coding something I can do with JAWS?

Dean Martineau <topdot@...>

Yes, you can code Python using JAWS. I don’t do such things, but apparently the biggest trick is keeping track of indentation. A free text editor called EdSharp is designed to do this, among lots of other things. If you want it, I will try to come up with the GitHub link.

There’s also the programmingblind mailing list on freelists.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 1:50 PM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Is Python coding something I can do with JAWS?

Hi,

I have several friends and coworkers who are teaching themselves Python.  I haven’t done coding since college in the early 1990’s, and that was just a required computer science class.  Is Python a language I could potentially learn and use with JAWS?  If so, anyone have any recommended resources for self-learning?  I just saw a Groupon deal for a Python class, but I have no idea if the online learning tool would be accessible; It’s only $17, so I might try it.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114