moderated Re: How well does Jaws work with editing/comments

Edward Green

Hi Kevin,

It works relatively well with comments and track changes, but I find comments easier to work with.

Whilst JAWS will read track changes, it doesn’t have a particularly intelligent or contextual way of describing what’s changed.

When using comments or track changes, I recommend you use the interface you get when you press Windows key semi-colon. Once you’ve chosen comments or track changes - Word calls them revisions - from the list, you’ll have the various changes presented in the virtual buffer.

Each entry is hyperlinked so that activating it takes you to the relevant part of the text.

Cheers,

Ed

On Mon, 18 May 2020, 17:57 kevin meyers, <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello, I’m using the most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word2016. I will be working with an editor in which they will use the editing and being able to leave comments. I’m not sure if I’m using the correct words when talking about grammar and other errors. Who does Jaws interact with the messages left in a document by an editor? I know in the past Jaws didn’t recognize the comments to well. This was years ago. Any thoughts will be a big help. Cheers, Kevin