Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 9:00 AM
Subject: Re: How to remove the check boxes that proceed my file names

On Sat, May 16, 2020 at 09:50 AM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
That is one thing about Linux, it is more like windows 7 than Windows 10 is.
Not really.  Not by a long shot.  But . . .

The easiest way to get rid of the checkbox option globally on any Windows system is:

1. Open Control Panel, File Explorer Options (or Windows Explorer Options on earlier systems - the steps that follow are for Windows 10 and would have analogous ones in earlier versions of Windows).

2. Navigate to the View Tab, and then to the checkbox for Use check boxes to select items.  Uncheck it if it is checked.

3. Activate the OK button to exit.

You're done.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss