Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 4:14 AM
Subject: Re: How to remove the check boxes that proceed my file names

If by File Explorer you mean Windows Explorer, here's what to do.

Open Windows Explorer.
press Alt-T for Tools, O for options.
In the property page that opens, shift tab to the tab controls and right arrow to the view tab.
Tab to the tree view and find the item called "Use check boxes to select items." I pressed the letter U and jumped right to it.
Press spacebar to unselect the tree view item.
Tab to OK and press spacebar.

If File Explorer is different than Windows Explorer, maybe File Explorer copied the menu choices, property page and so on from Windows Explorer. Couldn't hurt to try.