From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Griffith
Sent: Saturday, May 16, 2020 2:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Zoom waiting room with JAWS2020

I can only concur that I have had exactly the same issue and for this reason have disabled the Waiting Room on all my meetings.
More specifically I find that I can admit people sporadically but focus shifts out of the waiting room area and I find it impossible to return focus if others enter the meeting late for example.
This does not help I know but it is not and individual issue.
Unless your meetings are vast I don't really know why you need the Waiting room as you are able, with a screenreader to easily identify all the meeting participants so once people are congregated in the meeting you can then review and check the participants list before the meeting starts and identify any potential interloper. This is essentially exactly the same check you would make with a waiting room anyway as far as I can tell. The waiting room formalises admission but if an interloper is there you can then if necessary terminate the meeting if they do not leave.

Unfortunately looking at the Zoom Professional page on Hartgen consultancy the Waiting Room does not appear to be covered.
http://www.hartgen.org/zoompro

David Griffith