moderated Re: Can no longer read PDFs in Chrome

Shai

Hello,
I have noticed this change for quite some time now and the solution to
this has been to download the pdf's.
I went into the settings and changed the behavior so that all pdf's
would download and then I can read them in Acrobat reader DC.
I do not recall what setting it is but i do remember Googling it.

On 5/15/20, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
<Robin_Van_Lant=Key.com@groups.io> wrote:
Using JAWS 2020 and Google Chrome 8.1 for enterprise (which is the current
version). A few weeks ago I noticed that PDFs that used to open and read
seamlessly in Chrome no longer read at all. The PDFs read fine in Adobe
and Edge. I called Google Accessibility with Be My Eyes and show the rep my
issues. She had not seen it before. She's going to do some research and
testing on it. Anyone else seen this change? I'll l go test it on my
personal laptop, where I'm running a non-enterprise version of Chrome. My
current work around, since Google is my default browser, is to use Control S
to save the PDF and open it in Adobe. It used to be that a pdf would open
in Chrome and I would first hear a few buttons for options such as to
download the PDF, rotate clockwise, and some other settings that I would
just go past and get to the document to read. We are thinking something
either changed with the newest release of enterprise Chrome, or my company
made some sort of change to the settings, but the Google Rep wasn't sure
what settins they would have changed to cause this.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement
Key Equipment Finance<http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/> & Key
Institutional Bank
720-304-1060

intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This
communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers
directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose
information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional
E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.