moderated Can no longer read PDFs in Chrome

Van Lant, Robin

Using JAWS 2020 and Google Chrome 8.1 for enterprise (which is the current version).  A few weeks ago I noticed that PDFs that used to open and read seamlessly in Chrome no longer read at all.  The  PDFs read fine in Adobe and Edge.  I called Google Accessibility with Be My Eyes and show the rep my issues.  She had not seen it before.  She’s going to do some research and testing on it.  Anyone else seen this change?  I’ll l go test it on my personal laptop, where I’m running a non-enterprise version of Chrome.    My current work around, since Google is my default browser, is to use Control S to save the PDF and open it in Adobe.  It used to be that  a pdf would open in Chrome and I would first hear a few buttons for options such as to download the PDF, rotate clockwise, and some other settings that I would just go past and get to the document to read.  We are thinking something either changed with the newest release of enterprise Chrome, or my company made some sort of change to the settings, but the Google Rep wasn’t sure what settins they would have changed to cause this.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114