moderated Re: Uploading files to google docs

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 05:23 PM, Ann Byrne wrote:
Okay.  So I use google drive, not google docs?
Ann,

          Google did no one any favors when they repurposed the name Google Docs to apply to their web equivalent of MS-Word after having used it for what is now called Google Drive (and has been for several years).

           Google Drive is, quite simply, cloud storage.  Think of it as a disk drive in the sky.

           Google Docs is the Google web version of the MS-Word (and similar) word processors.

           Since I do not know whether you want something truly as a Google Doc, as opposed to a file of any type stored on the cloud using Google Drive (and likely shared in some way), I can't tell you which you should be using.  But based on what I've said here, you should know.

            I'll be happy to provide more detailed step-by-step instructions, if needed, for the direction you need to go.  My guess is you won't need them, except perhaps for sharing on Google Drive, and maybe not even then.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss