moderated Re: Cannot read text with JAWS and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Patrick Murphy

Hi Gezim,

I had the exact same problem with jaws 2018. It happened after an update to the pdf reader.

I fixed it as bill stated below.

One more thing:

You might want to disable the adobe update service.

This can be done by using the windows key+r

A run dialogue will appear.

Type “services.msc”

Scroll down through the services until you see the adobe update service.

It will show as “running automatic”.

Disable it.

Now, you will have to check manually for updates. If you don’t want them, then you don’t have to worry about your software changing without your knowledge.

However, if you do choose to update adobe again, the service will be set back to “run automatic”

You will need to disable it again as mentioned above.

Regards,

pat