moderated Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 05:10 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:
The only way I know of to save older restore points is to boot to Windows  WinPE and copy the system volume information folder . . .
Which is really, as they say in these parts, "going around Jake's barn," to get something that is far easier to get via taking either full system image backups at regular intervals or taking a baseline full system image backup and incremental backups to same at regular intervals afterward.  I prefer the former simply because my concern is how long it takes to restore in the event that becomes necessary rather than speed of taking the backup, which I generally kick off before retiring for the night, so I don't care if it takes a couple of hours to take the full system image backup where the source drive is a conventional HDD.  SSDs as the source make the whole process much faster.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss