moderated Re: Zoom and unable to close out

Steve Matzura

Pressing Alt + F4 displays a dialog that contains, among other things, a "Leave meeting" button. Activate that, then you can shut Zoom down. Realize, too, that closing the Zoom window with another Alt + F4 doesn't actually shut anything down; it just sends it to the system tray. If you really want Zoom gone from memory, that has to be done by selecting "Exit" from Zoom's system tray menu.

On 5/10/2020 11:32 AM, CJ &AA MAY wrote:

I think you need to leave the meeting before you close Zoom

Alison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: 10 May 2020 15:29
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Zoom and unable to close out

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin