moderated Re: downloads view is now separated by file type

How odd.

The "new" default Group by on the Downloads folder is by date, not file type.  I actually like it and have retained it as I'm generally looking for something more recent before I'm looking for something older, and when I am I can just search for the old stuff.  But I also clean out my Downloads folder pretty frequently and for anything I wish to keep long term I move it out of Downloads and into whatever folder I wish to archive it in almost immediately.  In most of my browsers I make them ask me where I want to save whatever I'm downloading rather than using the Downloads folder to begin with.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss