From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:16 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: fillable pdf forms?

Tom,

Word does let you export or save your Word document in PDF format, this is true with many types of programs.  I am not sure if you could create a fillable PDF document this way, I am guessing that what Word is producing is more of an image rather than a true PDF.  I know from personal experience that I receive a monthly publication that is exported from Word as a PDF and I can read most of it, but the TOC and any tables are butchered by a screen reader.  Also, the screen reader often skips paragraphs and I have to go backwards to reread the skipped paragraph.

Jim Weiss

“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong.  Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” | George Washington Carver

On May 7, 2020, at 5:07 PM, Tom Behler <tombehler@...> wrote:

But, for those of us who have Microsoft Word, can’t we create PDF’s with that?

I’ve never done this, but think it’s possible.

Tom Behler