moderated Re: fillable pdf forms?

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 05:07 PM, Tom Behler wrote:
But, for those of us who have Microsoft Word, can’t we create PDF’s with that?
You absolutely can save a document created in recent versions of Word as PDF.  But, Word is not particularly graceful about opening PDFs in Word as far as making tidy conversions, though you can do it.  I just had a client the other day who could not understand why PDFs that had been created via scanning (but did include OCR) would not open in Word looking exactly like they do on paper or in a PDF reader.  Word has to do a conversion from PDF to Word document format, as it presumes you're opening a PDF in Word because you want to edit it.  Sometimes that conversion isn't tidy.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss