moderated Re: the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Randy Barnett

Sounds like an outlook issue not a jaws issue. Outlook is crashing Jaws not the other way around.

On 5/3/2020 10:15 AM, Bill White wrote:

As I said, Brian, if I try to perform any keystroke after getting one of these messages, JAWS stops running, and I must perform an ALT plus CONTROL plus J command to restart JAWS. This usually happens with Outlook 2010, when trying to move messages between folders. I have tried both a JAWS repair and a JAWS reinstall, and neither solved the problem.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2020 9:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 12:09 PM, Bill White wrote:

If I get one of those messages from Windows 10 saying that a program is not responding

Have you tried ALT+Tabbing to something else and waiting it out?  I get the occasional "Not Responding" message, too, but it almost always resolves itself given sufficient time (which can be a few seconds to a few minutes).  Everything else keeps working.

Now, if it's JAWS itself that goes into "Not responding" mode, you're really kinda stuck.  I've actually never had a screen reader go into that state, but I can't see any reason why they'd be immune to it and I imagine some have landed in this quandary.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss