From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 11:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word 365 Font, Line Spacing & Margins

Hi Robin,

In your last step it says;

Tab to the checkbox that asks if you want space between each paragraph of the same type.  Uncheck this box.

In Word 2010 it says;

Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style, checkbox checked.

I left mine checked since it sounds like the wording has changed between Word 2010 and Word 365.

I'm only mentioning this in case others  might get confused by the difference in the wording.  Thanks again.

Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2020 8:09 AM

Others are sharing tips that all do play into lines per page.  The biggest difference starting in Word 2010 and later Word is that Microsoft decided to make the default now include some extra visual spacing between each line that is not controlled by your typical single, double or 1.5 line spacing.  We blind folks would have no way of knowing this has changed except for seeing that less content fits on a page and/or that one setting is different.   If she is using the same font as in the past, I’ll bet that the real kicker for her is this new formatting, which is controlled in the paragraph settings.   As someone noted, what she wants is the following:   Here is how to fix it in the default.

Go into a document.  If she needs to fix a current document, press Control A to select all in the document.  Press the application key to open the context menu and arrow down to paragraph.

A dialog box will open.

Tab through till you hear the settings for “Before” and also “After”.  In both of these edit boxes, type 0.

Tab to the line spacing combo box and be sure it is set to Single.

Then tab to the checkbox that asks if you want space between each paragraph of the same type.  Uncheck this box.

Tab to the button to “Set as default” and click it.

Then tab to OK and hit that.

The same steps can be done in an empty document to set this to the default for your copy of Word.

Robin

From: Rena
Hello,
In windows 7 and ms word 10, pages had 46 lines, but in windows 10 and ms word 365 pages only have around 30 lines.

What can I do to have pages of 46 lines?

Just in case, I use jaws 2020.
Rena

Thank you all very much.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114