moderated Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Arkadiusz Świętnicki

Is that image for Windows a good solution? I am also searching for a good backup software.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Bentley
Sent: Wednesday, May 6, 2020 8:51 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Greetings,

I’m guessing that there is a typo in your response.

What do I need to run to tell when check boxes are checked?

And, in my Version of Image for Windows, something like V3... there is a check box in settings that is called accessible check boxes.  You can check this to cause Jaws to see the state of the check boxes.

But, You will still have to use the Jaws/or equivalent cursor to tell that they are checked in some places in the menus.  Also, in some places in the menus, you will see a PLUS SIGN instead of a checkbox for example, to indicate that a drive has been selected to be added to the back up process.

In my particular case, on all 3 of my laptops, I just hit the space bar to put a PLUS SIGN in front of my primary drive/C drive to do a full back up.  IFW has never let me down with Windows 7 or Windows 10 and I have done recoveries on all 3.

Regards,

James B