moderated Re: Word 365 Font, Line Spacing & Margins

george b <gbmagoo@...>

Yes this is good, but you also need to make sure that it is single line spacing or it will only be 25 lines as you would see in the link I posted.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: May 6, 2020 6:30
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Word 365 Font, Line Spacing & Margins

My recommendation is to open a blank document.

Press the applications key or shift+f10, and then the letter f for fonts.

Pick the font she wants, tab to regular, then tab to size and if she wants 46 lines, 12 point will give her that with most fonts. Then either shift tab a bunch or continue tabbing a bunch to set as default and hit space bar, then a dialog comes up that is defaulting to this document only, tab twice to the radio button and arrow down once to for all documents based on the normal template and hit enter.

She may need another enter on OK to get it to stick.

For the Margins, press Alt+p which puts you on the Layout tab, arrow down once and Margin is the first item.  Hit space on that and then she can either do a custom or arrow through and find 1 inch margins. And select that.

One more thing I would do that probably means she will need to go back to Layout with Alt+p and down arrow, then tab to the settings for before Paragraph and after Paragraph and make sure they are both set to 0.

Otherwise, you get odd extra spacing and sighted folks, at least my wife, are not happy.

I hope that helps,

Richard

From: Rena
Hello,
In windows 7 and ms word 10, pages had 46 lines, but in windows 10 and ms word 365 pages only have around 30 lines.

What can I do to have pages of 46 lines?

Just in case, I use jaws 2020.
Rena

Thank you all very much.