moderated Re: urgent help please with Outlook

James Bentley

Please let me insert my two cents worth.

First, Do an image backup of your PC if possible just in case it becomes necessary to do a complete recovery of your hard drive after tech support attempts a repair.

Pay close attention to everything that the tech support person is doing.  Often, it is you who will be the person who comes up with the solution to fix your PC.  But, it is sometimes necessary to have the sighted assistance to get the job done.

James B  

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 11:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: urgent help please with Outlook

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 11:51 AM, Tom Behler wrote:

I realize that Microsoft Accessibility can be a valuable source of help for some;  but I have experienced serious shortcomings in the quality of their assistance and the level of knowledge at times.

I think everyone who has used this service repeatedly has had the same sort of experience every once in a while.  The standard advice, which I follow, is once it becomes apparent that the particular tech you happen to be working with on the issue at hand doesn't know what they're doing, make a quick exit from the call with whatever excuse you care to use.  Then, if so inclined, call back.  You generally end up with a different tech and in many cases they do know what they're doing.

'Tis the nature of tech support, no matter whose.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.