moderated Re: urgent help please with Outlook

Bill White

Hi, Andrew. I had this same problem, and it was because there was an Outlook Add in from Eset Security running which was causing this behavior. Are you by any chance running any Eset Security or antivirus products?

The second thing I would suggest is to try running Outlook in safe mode. This is not the same as running Windows in Safe Mode. To run Outlook in Safe Mode:

1. Go to your Outlook Shortcut on the desktop, but don't press ENTER.

2. Hold down the CONTROL key and press ENTER on the Outlook desktop shortcut.

3. If Outlook asks you if you want to run Outlook in Safe Mode, click the Yes prompt.

4. See if you still get the error message in Outlook.

If not, this means that one of your installed Outlook add in's is causing the problem.

In this case, go into Outlook Options, select add in's, and uncheck each of the Outlook add in's sequentially to figure out which is the culprit.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...