moderated Re: the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Marie

I am not sure how you can verify the performance with Apple and Voiceover. Yes, I use and love my iPhone, but there are literally thousands of apps that are definitely not accessible using Voice over and even some of the native apps don't always work easily with it.

I have tried NVDA Narrator, and, overall find that Jaws works better than either most of the time.

I have also used Talk Back with Android as well as the voice on the Samsung phones and got tired of fighting to get anything done.

I have been using Jaws for 20 years and only use a minimum of what it can do and it is, an probably always will be my "go to" screen reader.

The beautiful part is, no one is forcing you or anyone else to choose one screen reader.

On 5/5/2020 4:18 AM, Dan Longmore wrote:
The reliability of Apple and voiceover is much more consistent with abs and jaws is at this time. If as jaws claims they are the leader they should be setting the standard and reliability with most apps sadly this is not the case