moderated Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Tom Behler

Dave:

I know we have e-mailed privately about my not being able to do the backup immediately.

If you can do that tutorial and share it with others, including me, that would be terrific!

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave Durber
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2020 5:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Steve:

Over the next few days or so, I am going to try and produce an audio tutorial on how I restore a previously backed up image. Once I have done it, I will send it to you, for your comments, before making it available to others.

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, May 4, 2020 10:03 PM

Subject: Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Do you do this by building a TBI Recovery disk, or do you have an alternate method? I'd be interested to know what that alternate method is, if you use one.

On 5/4/2020 2:30 PM, Dave Durber wrote:

Hello Tom:

I need to restore an image to one of my computers, which I created using Terabyte's Image for Windows.

If you are interested, would you like to join me in a Zoom meeting, and I will show you how I can do that, with no visual assistance. In addition, I will show you, how easy it is to create an image of a system drive for one of my systems, using the abovementioned software.

If you would like to do that, You can email me at:

Dave

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2020 7:27 PM

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions regarding accessible backup image software.

I am not an advanced assistive technology computer user, so I need to be careful in terms of what I choose to do here.

But, these suggestions have given me a lot to consider, and I’m saving them for future reference.

I will continue to read additional contributions to this thread with interest, and I hope they help others as well.

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2020 1:24 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 01:15 PM, Steve Matzura wrote:

Best fifty bucks you'll ever spend on your computer.

The price is now down to under $40.  Since they give you a 30-day free trial, there's absolutely nothing to lose if you want to try it out.  I'd definitely suggest doing a full system image backup, and then restore, on a non-primary machine if you have a second machine around, just to have had the end to end experience.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.