moderated Chrome & PDFs - something changed for me

Van Lant, Robin

All,

On my company provided laptop, I’m using Google Chrome Version 81.0.4044.92 on Windows 10.  It used to be that opening a PDF file in Chrome, whether from a link on a website or in an email that links to a PDF on a website, Google would open it and the first thing I would hear was a set of options  that included rotate clockwise, download and such.  Tabbing past those would put me in the document and I could read the PDF.  Suddenly, this has changed.  Now, when I open a pDF, it will not read and it reminds me of the old IE 11 experience.  I can navigate to the address bar and Chrome menu, but I cannot find a way to enable the view I used to get.  Thankfully, I have found that pressing Control S will allow me to save the PDF to my laptop and then open it in Adobe, but this adds extra steps for items I may not want to save in the end.   I don’t know if this is coincidental, but I now see that my Chrome is “managed by my organization”, which means my company  can change my settings.  I wonder if they changed something not knowing the access impact it would have. 

Any won have experience with turning on or off settings that would allow you to access a PDF from within Chrome?  I don’t see anything in the settings that looks right. Thought I’d check here before I tried contacting Google via Be My Eyes to ask. 

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.