moderated Re: fillable pdf forms?

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 03:24 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
Both the sighted and visually impaired can fill out properly designed PDF forms on the computer. The IRS uses many PDF forms that can be filled in just fine on one's computer.
Yep.

That being said, there are also two classes of fillable PDF forms:  those that allow you to save the forms with the material you've filled in (see: IRS forms), and those that do not allow you to do so, only to print the filled form and once you close it, the filled in material is discarded.

Which of the two you have is a design choice by the creator.  I also never recommend trying to convert a fillable PDF to MS-Word format, at least if you haven't already filled it out.  The conversion issues I've witnessed over the years (including this afternoon, but for a non-fillable PDF converted to MS-Word format) are myriad.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss