moderated Re: the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 05:19 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
Now there is a common Tech response to blame the hardware no matter how new or pristine condition it is in.
No, it's not.   There could be issues with JAWS, but certainly not the ones you are claiming there are that have caused catastrophic failures and interactions with the underlying OS in a way that damages it.

You can attack me all you like, but yours is the textbook example of something being wrong that's idiosyncratic to the machine in question.  Whether that's a fault in the hardware, a corruption in the OS itself, or something else is open to question.  But your experience is utterly uncharacteristic, and it's time that you recognized it as such rather than ranting that JAWS is the root of all evil.  That position just does not hold up to even cursory scrutiny nor the vast majority experience.  That matters.

And this will be my last word on this, as I know only too well the truth contained in this quotation:

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

          ~ Jonathan Swift (1667 - 1745), Irish essayist, novelist, & satirist

       ~ Lawrence Krauss