moderated Re: the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 05:08 PM, David Diamond wrote:
I muse as well if this is not the proverbial trying to put a square peg in a round whole?
I have said, again and again, on multiple venues:  Most issues are idiosyncratic to the machine on which they are occurring.

I've been in the computer business since the 1980s, and when any given piece of software has a bug (be it major or minor) this appears on virtually every machine on which it is installed.  I say virtually because it depends on the end user doing something that invokes the actual buggy code; if they don't, everything will look perfect for them.

But most people are simply not willing to accept that there is very likely something wrong at their end.  And this is all the more true when uncharacteristic behaviors keep repeating themselves.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss