moderated Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 04:14 PM, David Griffith wrote:
By the way the claim that you would only want an image restore in the case of catastrophic failure is I think a strange claim.
Well, I guess it will have to be that.  I've already given the one common exception case.  You've given one other semi-common one (restoring from an image when things get slow and you don't want to try to figure out why).

I've been in this business since the 1980s now, and I can count on less than one hand the number of times most recoveries have been the result of something other than some sort of catastrophic failure.

Also, I'll make what you're sure to call another strange claim:   The vast majority of Windows users do not separate out their OS and user data on to separate physical disks (or even logical disks).  So most full system images, which include the user data for all users contained within that system, are definitely not as small as yours are.  You're the exception case here.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss