moderated Re: Blank Line Keystroke

Mike B

Hi Adrian,

I've been trying various find combinations for the blank line, but what I'm working with has all formatting stripped out, so what I'm looking for is to get from a blank line on top of a block of text to the next blank line at the bottom of a block of text.  Thank you very much for these tips, they'll come in handy for a different type of Find & Replace I do daily.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2020 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: Blank Line Keystroke

Mike,

You could search for two paragraph symbols in a row. So, control-f, and type in the edit field: ^p^p

Sometimes another character appears between paragraph signs, such as a tab or a space. When I’m cleaning up documents for editing purposes, I will do the following in this sequence:

Search for ^t (tab) and replace with space.

Search for ^p space and replace with ^p

Then search for ^p^p

It can get more complicated, but that’s the gist.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2020 8:35 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi Nermin,

Thank you very much.  What's weird is this works in Notepad, but not in Word 2010, at least on both my Win7 & 10 systems.  Thanks again, this will really save time from having to down arrow 1 line at a time to find the next blank line.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
 *My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, May 03, 2020 3:19 AM

Hi Mike,

try control+down or up arrow for next and previous. In most applications, this should do what you want.

Regards,

Nermin

Join main@jfw.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.