moderated Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 12:57 PM, David Griffith wrote:
Provided you can get into Windows at all the restore of the image is also a fully accessible.
Every time I hear this proviso I want to scream.  Of course, every package I could recommend would have this be true, but one is virtually never, ever restoring a system image from under a running Windows instance unless you have what I call "an experimental machine" where you want to be able to install and test all sorts of new software but then want to be able to restore it back to its baseline state.

Most recoveries are due to catastrophic failure of some sort, and most often main drive failure (whether HDD or SSD), and don't occur under a running Windows instance.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss